top of page
School LIbrary


Canada has one of the best education systems in the world, and attracts thousands of international students a year. If you want to study in Canada, extend your study permit or change your school and program of study, North Point Immigration can help.  

Canada welcomes primary, secondary and post-secondary students to learn and advance their prospects.  In Canada, each province and territory is responsible for their own education system.

Primary and Secondary Students

All primary and secondary schools in Canada can enroll international students. It’s important to note there are specific rules for minor’s studying in Canada. Individuals are advised to apply a minimum of six months prior.

Post-Secondary Students

Each post-secondary school has its own set of admission rules. Individuals are advised to apply a minimum of one year in advance and become familiar with the following:

  • Cost of admission and tuition

  • Health insurance

  • Cost of living

  • Language tests

  • Assessment of foreign credentials.

North Point Immigration will assist and connect individuals to services throughout the entire process.

The following individuals do not require a permit to study:

  • Individuals coming to Canada for short-term studies (less than six months)

  • Family of staff of foreign representatives

  • Member of foreign armed forces

  • Registered Indians in Canada

  • Minor children in Canada

If you are a student who has successfully completed a full-time program at a Designated Learning Institution (recognized university or college) you may be able to apply for an open work permit and upon successful employment may be eligible to apply for permanent residency.  

bottom of page